Servers for Sunday, March 25:
- Celebrant: The Rev. Carol A. Mader
- Organist: Alice Van Wambeke
- Acolyte: Diane Dues (April 1: Wendy Arntson)
- Reader: Jerry Brand and friends (April 1: Margaret Breeden)
- Ushers: Erin Peven, Beth Yakel (April 1: Len Arntson, Patty Griffin)
- Altar Guild: Julie Frost, Janet Tornow (April 1: Robin Meloche, Lynne Slager)
- Coffee Hour: Julie Lowery (April 1: Easter Brunch)
- Sunday, March 25:
Holy Eucharist, with nursery, 9:30am
Christian Formation for kids; Coffee hour
- Monday, March 26:
Overeaters Anonymous, Library, 6pm
- Tuesday, March 27:
Painting Group, 9:30am, Parish Hall
Tenebrae – A Service of Darkness, 7pm
- Wednesday, March 28:
Closed Women’s Support Group, 4-7pm
Choir Rehearsal, 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 29:
Church office closed
Maundy Thursday – Holy Eucharist, with washing of feet, 7pm
- Friday, March 30:
Bible Study, 10am, Library
Community Service, Dexter UMC, 12pm
Good Friday – Liturgyof the Day, 7pm
Joy of Living AA, Library, 8pm
- Sunday, April 1
Easter Sunday – Festive Holy Eucharist, 9:30am
Easter Brunch, Parish Hall
- We are planning our festive Easter celebration. As always, we try to “pull out all the stops” with music and decorations. If you would like to give money toward decorations and/or musicians on Easter Sunday, in thanksgiving or memory of someone, simply put your donation in one of the envelopes located in the pew rack or bring it to the church office. If you would like the name of your loved one(s) in the bulletin, please let us know.
- On Sunday, April 1, in keeping with the spirit of the feast day, we will conclude the service with the singing of the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel’s Messiah. Anyone familiar with the music who would like to sing with the choir is invited to come up at the end of the service. There will be extra scores available, but if you have your own copy, you are welcome to bring it. Lent is almost over, Hallelujah!
- You are invited to attend brunch after the Easter service. St. James will provide the ham. Please see Len Arntson to sign up to bring a side dish.
- Bishop Wendell N. Gibbs, Jr, and Dean S. Scott Hunter announce the seating of Jo Ann Hardy, Canon Honorary, at a service of choral Evensong on Sunday 22 April, 4:00 pm, and the Cathedral Church of St. Paul, 4800 Woodward Avenue, Detroit. Your prayers and presence are requested
- Nursery Caregivers Needed: If you are interested in serving in the nursery on Sunday mornings and/or during special events, please be in touch with Mother Carol or Kathie Sandmaier. Nursery caregivers receive a modest hourly stipend and must be age 16 or older. They are required to agree to a background check and to complete a diocesan Safeguarding training. A training opportunity here at St. James is coming up on Saturday, May 12.
- March FIA needs: peanut butter, mayonnaise, frosting, sugar (2-lb.bag), boxed pudding, pineapple, white or brown rice, macaroni and cheese (7.25-oz box), stew, diced tomatoes, muffin mix (no corn).
- The Tuesday Bible Study now meets from 5:30 to 6:30 pm. We are reading the Gospel of Luke. If you would like to join us, please “come and see!” Also, we will have books for class members containing the Acts of the Apostles (our next book, after Easter), reflection essays and questions, and a prayer for each day. Let Mother Carol know if you would like a book. We meet in the Library.
- The young people of St. James are asking for your assistance with their In-gathering project. We are collecting aluminum “pop tops” for Ronald McDonald House in Ann Arbor. We are also collecting “box tops” that are specially marked for schools. They can be found on a wide variety of products. Bring them to any of the Atrium kids, and we will take care of the rest. Thank you!
- The Pastoral Care Committee meets once a month and assists Mother Carol in meeting the needs of our parish through communication, prayer, and care. The committee requests your ongoing help. If you are ever aware of someone who needs extra care, or if you yourself have a need, please communicate with one of the committee members. We are Grace Brand (734-426-3036), Sue Jacob (770-584-3252), Laurie Oehler (734-476-1477), Erin Peven (517-376-9053), Pete Schaberg (734-223-2998), and Alice Van Wambeke (734-769-8082). In addition, if you are hospitalized unexpectedly or planned, please call Mother Carol or one of us. The hospital will not contact us. Thanks for helping us care for our parish friends.